Photobucket

Re: Latest Hobby Purchase

Hobby Related Discussion

Postby Timmo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:27 pm

A copy of Mollo AWI uniforms arrived today. I suspect it might be one of the most owned books amongst forum members. This copy came via ebay – £6. It's a first edition and in fantastic condition. I was chuffed to bits.

I also bought WI edition 300. I didn't flick through the pages at Smiths – wish I had. I was throughly disappointed. It was £6 and rather less good value than the Mollo.
Timmo
Captain

Postby Abu Iskander » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Loads of stowage to dress up my 1:72 Normandy AFVs.
Abu Iskander
Private

Postby PatG » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:04 am

A mess of Foundry
32 x 28mm Homeguard
4 x LMG teams (I love the Lewis gun)
2 x Vickers
1 x FO with phone booth and bike
1 x dispatch rider

Who you kidding now Mr. H?
"...the game is playing with toy soldiers and we should not be slaves to the dictat of a rules writers words or the approval and disapproval of our wargaming peers." Tim Hall - WD3
PatG
Captain

Postby Silurian » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:33 am

A bunch of 1/72 WWII AFV model kits. Mostly early war. These will join my huge pile of unmade kits, but since this scale and period is my first true love I feel no guilt what-so-ever. None! :)

A miscellaneous collection of Warhammer Dark Elf bits and bobs, as well as a 40K Predator. These will be for games with my boys (not that I've ever really grown out of it!)
Silurian
Recruit

Postby kyoteblue » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:19 am

Still nothing.
kyoteblue
Llama Enthusiast

Postby Fire-at-Will » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:26 am

Back from Derby show with a small pile

A pair of Zvezda Russian 76mm Infantry Guns
    One box each of the new S-Models CV33, Panzer II and Crusader (2 kits per box)
    The new Plastic Soldier Universal Carriers (I know I have plenty already)
    A couple more Crusaders a Stug IV and an Opel Blitz from the B&B (really badly organised, some peoples stuff must have been damaged in the chaos)
    Some British Para Gunners and a Command pack from Shell Hole Scenics, along with some Airborne 6pdrs and a few figures suitable for my WW2 British desert HQ (I decided it needs upgraded before the SOGG big game)
Fire-at-Will
Private

Postby Purple » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 am

Union Cavalry and lots of flags.
Lovely Essex Miniatures
GinCressChaiseLongueSausage
Purple
Lieutenant

Postby Jeremy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:36 am

Between a nice tax refund and flogging some figs to a mate, I've purchased, in the last month:

> Redoubt FIW civilians and some stone walls
> 15mm and 28mm barbed wire
> Warlord Games, 28mm SDKFZ Neu and Stug IIIG
> Saga, Northern Fury and Muskets and Tomahawks
> Lardy D6's
> Gripping Beast Viking Berserkers and Archers
> GHQ 6mm Vietcong and NVA Heavy weapons packs
> GHQ T34 and T55 for Vietnam
> Some tokens from Litko
> Perry French line box, 12 Voltiguers, 1 x 6 pdr, Dragoon box and a box of Hussars
> Woodland Scenics tree armatures

Should last me a while!
She stands upon Southampton dock, with her handkerchief and her summer frock, clings to her wet body in the rain.
In quiet desperation, knuckles white upon the slippery reins, she bravely waves the boys 'Goodbye' again......
Jeremy
Llama Corporal

Postby Derek H » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 am

Sabots for Muskets and Tomahawks from Warbases.

Pictures of them finished on my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/?p=1417
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H
Private

Postby comet5 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Caeser Terrorists for Foce on Force.

Star Wars X-wing + expansions by Fantasy Flight. A cracking good game.
comet5
Private

Postby goat major » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 pm

am i the only person on the planet that has no interest at all in anything to do with star wars ? i like sci-fi a lot but the star wars universe holds no interest at all for me. I'm pretty sure that i'm the weird one in this respect....
Can't paint ? Won't paint ? Kan-ban !
Bloggings: http://simonspaintingblogandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/
goat major
Major

Postby Jeremy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:12 pm

goat major wrote:am i the only person on the planet that has no interest at all in anything to do with star wars ? i like sci-fi a lot but the star wars universe holds no interest at all for me. I'm pretty sure that i'm the weird one in this respect....

Probably... I'm keen but am trying hard not to get attracted to new periods. It's VERY difficult..... =)) more so because I am a major wargaming slut
Last edited by Theo on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Outing Jeremy :-)
She stands upon Southampton dock, with her handkerchief and her summer frock, clings to her wet body in the rain.
In quiet desperation, knuckles white upon the slippery reins, she bravely waves the boys 'Goodbye' again......
Jeremy
Llama Corporal

Postby Duke of Plaza-Toro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:29 pm

goat major wrote:am i the only person on the planet that has no interest at all in anything to do with star wars ? i like sci-fi a lot but the star wars universe holds no interest at all for me. I'm pretty sure that i'm the weird one in this respect....

No - you're not the only one. And I love sci-fi as well.

Quite enjoyed the original film - then lost interest. Don't think I've seen 'The Empire Strikes Back' in its entirety to this day, and I haven't seen any of the prequels.

Always thought Star Trek was more interesting - even when I was a youngster.

DPT
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Beardo

Postby Timmo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Nope, me neither. The only Sci-fi that I have the remotest interest in is Dr Who and the Darleks. Oh and John Wyndam's books.

Two boxes of Perry metal arrived today. I'm going to have to carve some figures out from the flash. They are shocking quality. They've got to do something about it and I'm not buying more until they do. Too expensive to have to put up with this.
Timmo
Captain

Postby PatG » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:04 pm

I have a mild interest in it, mostly due to certain metallic undergarments. I have never had any desire to game it and if I did, given its space opera tone I would be more likely to use Saga than a hard SF rules set. On the other hand I used to play an awful lot of SFB, Traveller and Starfire.

We have the first three Star Wars movies on VHS but never bothered to upgrade or get the next three. Firefly and Serenity we have on bluray.
"...the game is playing with toy soldiers and we should not be slaves to the dictat of a rules writers words or the approval and disapproval of our wargaming peers." Tim Hall - WD3
PatG
Captain

Postby comet5 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Part of my reason for buying the game was my son, age 9. He loves Star Wars & enjoys playing Wings of war with me. So as part of his ongoing indoctrination programme, it is the perfect game.
comet5
Private

Postby Goldwyrm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Enroute via Fedex from Minden and due to be at my doorstep soon:

60 Prussian dragoons, mounted Hungarian and French colonels, 4 French gun crews (to go with Fife&Drum guns), and the riding ladies and gentlemen set.
Goldwyrm
Recruit

Postby Theo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Got a couple of packs of Kallistra 10mm pavises. I intend to place them before some 10mm Warmaster empire crossbowmen/handgunners. I reckon it will make them look prettier.
Theo
Corporal

Postby Peewee » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:04 pm

I picked up the boxed set of that X-Wing game at the weekend as well. Haven't played it yet, but it looks like top fun. Very similar to Wings of War/Glory.

And yes, I am a nerd.
Does anybody want a snog?
Peewee
Major

Postby Abu Iskander » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:19 pm

comet5 wrote:Part of my reason for buying the game was my son, age 9. He loves Star Wars & enjoys playing Wings of war with me. So as part of his ongoing indoctrination programme, it is the perfect game.

I find myself in the midst of a similar process. It is for this reason I have pledged to the....

Dreadball Kickstarter. @-)
Abu Iskander
Private

Postby grizzlymc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Abu

Where did you get those ships and what did they cost you?
grizzlymc
Brigadier

Postby Abu Iskander » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:09 am

They are made by Forged in Battle which I believe is sold by the WestWind people. I got them on eBay along with a set of Trafalgar rules for 60GBP or so.

http://www.forgedinbattle.com/index.php ... 72a4d56faf

Used to be a box set but now that WHH is gone, no more Trafalgar to be had?
Abu Iskander
Private

Next

Return to Wargames