Photobucket

WD3 Scotland 2013

Participation Games

WD3 Scotland 2013

Postby Paul » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Since we've lost everything that was written on the prospect of a WD3 game in Scotland next year I will Summarise my plans below and once again gauge interest :((

Period: C18th Imagi-nations
Setting: Ndunaland in the South of the dark continent.

When: Either Late August Bank holiday or sometime in September depending on preferences of majority of players.
Where: Highland Perthshire

Accommodation: I can put up a fair number of people in my stupidly large crumbly old house but there are plenty of local B&B's and hotels. Spouses etc... could come along and enjoy a holiday in one of the best areas of Scotland :D

Please let me know if you're interested.
"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."
Paul
Colour Sergeant

Re: WD3 Scotland 2013

Postby Essex Boy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Hello Paul,

Excellent idea to put this up.

As you know, I'm definately up for the journey north but my availability is restricted to September after the schools go back - which, when we discussed it before, runs contrary to the general mood.

Iain
Essex Boy
Colour Sergeant

Postby grizzlymc » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Scotland - go to London, turn right.

Look for kilts, cabers and sporrans.

If loincloths, retrace your steps to London.
grizzlymc
Brigadier

Postby Etranger » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 am

grizzlymc wrote: ....If loincloths, retrace your steps to London.

After getting out of the cooking pot....

Sounds interesting. If I have a work meeting in Europe around that time (which I do) then I may be able to attend...... ;)
'Those aren't real nuns...you can tell by the tentacles!'
Etranger
Lieutenant

Postby grizzlymc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:12 am

And Salisbury plain is not overrun by herds of wildebeeste, or whales.
grizzlymc
Brigadier

Postby Essex Boy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:45 am

grizzlymc wrote:Scotland - go to London, turn right.

Look for kilts, cabers and sporrans.

If loincloths, retrace your steps to London.

=))
Essex Boy
Colour Sergeant

Postby world2dave » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm still up for it, but would prefer September given the hideous horrendousness of trying to travel anywhere in this country on/around a bank holiday!
So speaketh the Chief Scribe and Court Artist to his Grace the Grand Duke of Medetia
http://themedetianwars.blogspot.co.uk/
world2dave
Corporal

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:35 pm

I know Peeler was keen but I'm not sure if he was dependent on it being over a Bank Holiday!
We'd be fine to put up 3 people/couples so it wouldn't even be essential to seek accommodation!

Including myself we have two players up here already so any number of visitors' greater than 1 would make for a good game!
I'll be breaking out the extruded polystyrene and doing some terrain too should this all get the green light!
"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."
Paul
Colour Sergeant

Postby levied troop » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm up for this - any space for a discrete camper van or suitable camp site in the vicinity? Should have a new army ready - Col. Groanagain has been heavily sponsored by G4S.
goat major wrote:That cat talks total sense! Must be the melon.
levied troop
Hobbit Dodger

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Camper van space a plenty, so no problem there.
Of course you might find some red squirrels breaking in during the night...they have a weakness for VW campers!
Paul
Colour Sergeant

Postby Peeler » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 am

More than interested, I am off on the August bh, but happy to go with the flow if September suits - but I'd appreciate a definite date as soon as you can decide, to ensure I can be off for it.
Peeler
Regimental Goat

Postby Paul » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:19 pm

To avoid being too close to the bank holiday it looks like the weekends of 14/15th or 21/22nd September 2013 are favourite.

Any later than that and LT will not be able to start until the afternoon when we've had chance to thaw him out :d
Paul
Colour Sergeant

Postby Peeler » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:41 am

Coo err, well so far I'm rostered to be off both, so looking good! Decide on which one tho, if its the early one I'll need to book the Friday off.
Peeler
Regimental Goat

Postby levied troop » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Paul wrote:Camper van space a plenty, so no problem there.
Of course you might find some red squirrels breaking in during the night...they have a weakness for VW campers!

Excellent, that takes care of breakfast.
goat major wrote:That cat talks total sense! Must be the melon.
levied troop
Hobbit Dodger

Postby Essex Boy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

I can make either date in September 2013.

Iain
Essex Boy
Colour Sergeant

Postby Paul » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Lets firm this up as the weekend of the 14th/15th September 2013 as we're less likely to have to send out the St Bernards to dig out LT's van the earlier we can do it <gr

We have an apartment which has one family room and one double plus a big lounge which could have bed/s put in it if needed.
Unfortunately the big apartment is unavailable for the foreseeable future so we're limited to maybe four or five individuals or two couples plus two individuals (if we use the lounge).

Other than that I will PM lists of B&B's and Hotels to anyone who is in need.

At the moment with the numbers we have I'll set up a twenty foot (or so) table in the dining room. If we have a sudden influx of latecomers there's a local hall which will make a good venue (but would obviously cost money /:) )

We have plenty of time so any questions etc... can be fielded at the Ayton game as well as here.
Last edited by Paul on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Colour Sergeant

Postby Annette » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:24 pm

We would love to join in this weekend if that is possible, do you have a provisional list of players e.t.c. if so add us to it please :)

It is the wookies birthday the week before so it will be a treat for him the poor pet lol :)
Bloody elves insist on singing all the time and I wouldn't let goblins anywhere near the chickens.*

*Buff Orpington 2013
Annette
Llama Enthusiast

Postby Tim Hall » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:57 am

I am also very interested in this idea, Paul, although it depends on dates for proposed holiday in Spain which have not been confirmed as yet. The boss has expressed an interest in going with as she has never been to Scotland, but it would be great to visit the barony,Of course it will also be dependent on whether anybody is still talking to me after the Ayton debacle in May.
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
We shall be victorious.
Tim Hall
Corporal

Postby doug » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm interested too. I'm in Galloway but my current project is based in Aberdeen, so if the game coincided with a trip up for work then i'd get to wargame on expenses....
doug
Private

Postby Count Belisarius » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm still negotiating...

If it's the 14th/15th then my wife is working so I need to get the kids to the in-laws and so far I've been forbidden to try and book them that far in advance!

I'm trying though... But based on past luck they usually decide to go to France at times thoroughly inconvenient to us...

Andy
Count Belisarius
Sergeant

Postby Paul » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:37 pm

I won't be drawing up final lists of who's coming to well after Ayton Andy so I'll keep casting the voodooooooo to make sure you can come!
Paul
Colour Sergeant

Postby Tim Hall » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:40 pm

I have conferred with the mistress of the Privy Purse, and she and I have decided that the proposed expedition to Spain can be arranged around these dates, therefore we are definitely coming to this excellent event. I think we are actually planning to fly up there if we can secure reasonable flights. I will confer with your good self Baron, at Ayton next year, but you can put me on the yes list of attendees, happily playing whilst the boss explores the environs of the Barony.
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
We shall be victorious.
Tim Hall
Corporal

Next

Return to WD3 Games