Photobucket

I have a dream - 2015

Participation Games

Re: I have a dream - 2015

Postby Essex Boy » Fri May 10, 2013 7:59 pm

goat major wrote:
Essex Boy wrote:There you go again with ancient WRG games.

WRG made their name with Ancient games

Wife needs tea - back in a mo.
Essex Boy
Colour Sergeant

Postby Essex Boy » Fri May 10, 2013 8:09 pm

goat major wrote:
Essex Boy wrote:There you go again with ancient WRG games.

WRG made their name with Ancient games

They published loads of rules in different periods......and I bet Mr Grizzle played the 1st edition of all of them.
Essex Boy
Colour Sergeant

Postby goat major » Fri May 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Yes I know but their big thing was Ancients. I was making a sophisticated joke.
Can't paint ? Won't paint ? Kan-ban !
Bloggings: http://simonspaintingblogandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/
goat major
Major

Postby Essex Boy » Fri May 10, 2013 8:12 pm

goat major wrote:Yes I know but their big thing was Ancients. I was making a sophisticated joke.

No, you weren't. You just thought you were.
Essex Boy
Colour Sergeant

Postby grizzlymc » Fri May 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Don't do pointy stick stuff.

Played their 1st ED Nap rules - AWFUL!
Played their WWII and Modern rules - pretty good for the size battle, not my cup of tea.
grizzlymc
Brigadier

Postby grizzlymc » Fri May 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Essex Boy wrote:
grizzlymc wrote:Right, that settles it!

The next WD3 Game is in La Serena, this weekend and the following games will be on offer, if you don't like it you can go to the beach.

GQ3 WWII Brits Vs Huns
Seastrike
Liberators uwsing butchered WRG rules
Spearhead with 1Bn per side.

Chez grizz has two 0.9X2m tables which can be joined. The local cafe would no doubt allow you to push a few tables together.

Seastrike!

There you go again with ancient WRG games. You must be very, very old. Have you still got a copy? What's the nearest airport?

E

La Serena, let me know your flight and I will pick you up - 10 minutes from my home.
grizzlymc
Brigadier

Postby valleyboy » Fri May 10, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm not sure what's going to be my future return to UK policy as it really revolves around the health of my mum and Nicki's parents. In general I try and get back every 2 years
I was fortunate that Tim,Henry and Peeler who were the main drivers around getting Ayton 1 going we're kind enough to accomodate my travel plans.

By now it would now seem that the May day BH w/e is ideally suited to most people and has become the default date for Ayton.
Whatever the future holds, the main game needs to be based around someone with a very large collection of figures and another or the same person even who champions it and runs it, generally not taking an active part in the game themselves by actually pushing figures around - that's quite a sacrifice.

Whatever else is true, Ayton community hall is a fantastic venue and many people are happy to travel there -( Paul drove for 5 hrs from Scotland and I drove up from Chepstow). The venue is of course conditional on the goodwill and hard work put in by a Mr and Mrs Peeler who not only take care of the venue but act as sorts of tour managers doing a lot of background organising and cordination so 20 people can descend on the local pub and not wait 3hrs for a meal for example

So whatever you do or wherever a game is held means a lot of work for a subcomitte of people

Having now been to 2 games out of three, I know that I will miss the next one and perhaps will not be able to be there in 2015 even, but I will forever be keen to always combine a trip to the UK to coincide with a large show and large game

As far as what I've experienced so far I'd venture to suggest that though its based around the game, its not just that makes the w/e, its the friendship and general convivilalitationatism
With you lot I'd be happy to turn up to play hopscotch, leapfrog or hunt the hoover if it was the organised game because it will be a fun w/e
i am fortunate to have good mates here on WD3
Wine - cheaper than botox and paralyses more muscles
valleyboy
Second Lieutenant

Postby battleeditor » Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 pm

valleyboy wrote:i am fortunate to have good mates here on WD3

So say we all.
battleeditor
Llama Corporal

Postby Purple » Fri May 10, 2013 10:54 pm

valleyboy wrote:i am fortunate to have good mates here on WD3

Well said from the Moustached fella. <chu>

I just want to reiterate, this section is for any game meets WD3ers want to arrange, not just big games, Ayton games and sausage games.
The original post about this forum section was obviously lost on the last version of the forum (Jon Pertwee Doctor WD3) but the idea was this section was for anyone to sort games with other members such as "I'm thinking about a 13mm Japanese-Fighting-Sausage Wargame on the 3rd March at Little Cress on the Hill, Sausageshire" or "Anyone fancy meeting up in Wankington for a game of....?"
After the original Ayton we thought it would be a good way of getting members playing games or even as an opponent finder. I did think alot more games would be organised but then I can't say anything as I haven't either and I probaly should...
Another idea we tossed about was a game at a show like partizan but all these things take alot of work and we were very lucky in Ayton in having top sausages in Peel, Henry and Tim.

And speaking of Ayton, I really can't understand the problem... its a great crack, full of great lads and occasional vacuum rape.
I've just finished two 14 hours shifts and a sleep in though, so maybe I'm missing the point.
Time for a Hob Nob and some videos of mucky ladies doing mucky things with hobnobs.
Maybe I'll then eat another hobnob.
And some opiates.
Then watch some more mucky ladies.
And eat another Hobnob.

<b5>

PS) I had to have a smile today thinking of Ayton. Had to make a pick up from local cop shop and there in her glory in the Custody suite was a cracking queen poster above the desk. Had a snigger.
GinCressChaiseLongueSausage
Purple
Lieutenant

Postby grizzlymc » Fri May 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Purple wrote:........."Anyone fancy meeting up in Wankington for a game of....?".......

At least give it the Dutch name, anglicising Wildervank is a bit insensitive.
grizzlymc
Brigadier

Previous

Return to WD3 Games